March 16, 2020
This is an unprecedented time in the world with the COVID-19 pandemic continuing to spread. As a third-generation family run business we know the importance of family and community. Our thoughts are with the people around the world who are affected.
To help ensure we can serve you while keeping our people, our customers and our communities safe Richlu Manufacturing has implemented a business continuity plan. These measures include:
- Asking employees who are feeling unwell, suspect they’ve been exposed to the COVID-19 virus or have recently travelled outside of Canada to self-isolate for 14 days, use common sense and follow appropriate directions from their healthcare provider.
- Canceling all out of country business travel.
- Suspending corporate visits and guests to our buildings.
- Setting up employees with the ability to work from home and to help care for their children due to school closures recently announced.
- Implementing rotating shifts for our customer service and distribution teams.
- Offering employees wage certainty for the next two weeks as we work to understand this evolving situation.
- Implementing increased cleaning and disinfecting protocols and educating our teams on hygiene best practices.
- Following the guidance of major public health organizations, including Public Health Agency of Canada, local health authorities, and the World Health Organization.
This plan will be adjusted as the situation evolves and we will be sure to keep our customers and vendors up to date on any changes. We appreciate your patience and understanding during these uncertain times.